THREE books on the ANDAMAN & NICOBAR Islands
1) Troubled Islands – Writings on the environment and indigenous peoples of the A&N Islands (2003)
2) The Jarawa Tribal Dossier – Cultural and Biological Diversity in the Andaman Islands (2010, Jointly edited with Visvajit Pandya)
3) The Last Wave- an Island novel (2014)
1) The Last Wave- an island novel, published in 2014 by Harper Collins India is a story that has at its heart the ecology, people, and history of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Review: http://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/books/troubled-waters-7/
2) Troubled Islands is a joint publication of Kalpavriksh and LEAD India and was published in 2003. It is a collection of articles on the islands I wrote i n the mainstream English media between 1998 and 2003. It has as annexures the Shekhar Singh Report of 2002, Supreme Court orders of 2002 and eight colour plates with pictures from the island
3) The Jarawa Tribal Reserve Dossier is a 215 page book that was published jointly by Kalpavriksh and UNESCO in 2010. It goes into considerable details of the Jarawa Tribal Reserve with papers on the multiple dimensions that make up the reserve. It has also has a set of important annexures that include the full A&N Protection of Aboriginal Tribes Regulation and a set of detailed GIS based maps of the reserve.